Upcoming Travels

Heyyy! This summer I am visiting family in the northwest. I am looking forward to getting away from my normal routine and taking some time to reflect on myself. Although, I am visiting family, taking some online classes, and making some money along the way, I will still have time to try new things and make memories for the summer of 2019. I am halfway through Undergrad and this time is for me to take one long deep breath, so I can stride out the last two years until I graduate.

Deep Breaths
Sometimes during a vacation, travel, or getaway it is the best time to take a self-reflection. I have used the past couple of months to start my reflection, but I know this time during summer will be the turning point. To prepare for this, I have written down goals in various categories that I want to either reach or get closer to, by the time I get home. The deep breaths come as I sit down and transfer my thoughts onto paper. Yours, may not be a gigantic list, or several paragraphs like mine can sometimes turn into, but every little piece will help. I like to make my goals visible, by putting them up on the wall or a mirror, so I can see them everyday, or writing in a journal that I look at least every couple of days. By doing this, I can prepare for the self-reflection. So sit down, take a deep breath or two, and focus on what you yourself want to accomplish this week, month, couple of months, year, whatever timeline it may be. The start is to sit down and visualize.

Learning About Yourself
It is important to be open in many ways to learn about yourself. Some people may love where they are in the present and that is amazing (Good for you girl!). Others, may want to create growth and change and that is perfectly okay too. The second option is what my focus is on. To learn about myself is the key. What triggers me to act in a way that I am not proud of? Do the people I am surrounded by make it difficult for me to grow into the person I want to be? Do I mold to their actions and personality? While this may or may not be you, find out what it is about yourself that makes you, not YOU. Let’s take a look at another perspective. You don’t have to be alone to learn about yourself. The relationships and people around you can help you along the way. You just have to figure out which ones will help you move in the right direction. Take a moment to learn about yourself and find out how you can either do better, or stay on your path.

And you thought I was going to talk about my upcoming travel (where was I going, what was I packing). Life is a journey.

Cream and Two Four Sugars please,

Lauren


“Like coffee, enjoy your life hot or iced but never lukewarm!” -Me

No comments:

Post a Comment